Age no obstacle

Older people in Bucks are being helped to live healthy, active and independent lives.Buckinghamshire Council has outlined its commitment, as set out in its Healthy Ageing Strategy, now formally

Cash in on some free financial advice

New money coaching sessions are taking place in Thame this month.Run by Christians Against Poverty, it is a free course that will help people to be in control of their money. They will give people

Where your cash goes

Social care, helping the homeless and aiding vulnerable residents takes up 71% of Buckinghamshire Council's entire budget, it has been reported.This leaves only 29% of the remaining capital to pay

Bills set to rise

In a period of seven years, a council forecasts a saving of nearly £172 million after the local authority switch-round in 2020.Now, Buckinghamshire Council is facing up to cuts as it aims to bala

Banking on support

People are being asked to support their local community to ensure everyone has an enjoyable festive season.From donations to local food banks or community fridges to volunteering time to support a

Pick a 'hot spot'

People are being reminded of friendly and free places where people can go to stay warm and well this winter.The initiative forms part of the council's Helping Hand programme for residents sufferin

Energy bills relief

The county has been awarded £576,000 from the government’s Home Upgrade Grant.It will provide energy efficiency and clean heating upgrades to owne

£4.8m hardship boost

Buckinghamshire Council is to receive £4.8m of funding to continue supporting households and county residents struggling with ongoing cost-of-living pre

Cost of living relief

The Household Support Fund scheme has reopened for people finding it hard to cope with the rising cost of food and energy bills.  South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse Dist

War on poverty

Three community organisations have linked to tackle poverty via the Buckinghamshire Capacity Fund.They are the The Anson